Monday, August 12, 2013

Sister Tanner and her GREENY!

 
 
 
The week started off full of goodbyes for Sister Tanner. Her companion, Sister D'Addabbo was being transferred on Wednesday. They spent Tuesday packing up all of her stuff, and going to say goodbye to many of the members and investigators whom she had become close to. That night, the Sisters drove to Madison to do some "luggage jumbling" as Sister Tanner put it. From there, they drove to Bridgeport, WI, which is a city near Milwaukee. The drive was 4.5 hours from Prairie du Chien! Sister Tanner says she has driven more on her mission these last 3 months, than in her entire life. Once they got to Bridgeport, they met up with the Sister Missionaries there. Sister Debruin was one of the Sisters. She is from the Sacramento area, so her and Sister Tanner have many friends in common. They get along so well, and Sister Tanner was so happy to be able to stay with her! She loves her to death!
 
Wednesday was the big day! Sister Tanner drove to Milwaukee from Bridgeport. She had her first "Trainers meeting" to prepare them before receiving their new companions (greenys). She was a bit nervous, but the Lord gave her the strength she needed to feel ready and prepared. It was hard to imagine that only 12 weeks ago, that had been her arriving in Milwaukee. It truly is fascinating to see how much she has grown in that time. She received her new Sister Missionary companion, Sister Asper! She is from Pocatello, Idaho! Sister Tanner says she is very nice and a hard worker. The best part of the day, was Sister Tanner being able to see Sister Newton, (her first companion). She is training a Greeny (new missionary) again too, so she was there as well. The two were able to hang out and catch up, which was amazing! Sister Tanner said that they will be best friends even after their missions. What a special way to meet a lifelong friend.
 
Sister Tanner with her new companion, Sister Asper.
 
After receiving her new companion, the 2 Sisters hurried back to Prairie du Chien! After the 4 hour drive, they got back in just enough time for their lesson with an inactive member. They taught him the importance and power of prayer. He seemed to really grasp the message of their lesson. When he gave the closing prayer, the spirit was so strong and powerful. His family made the Sisters dinner. Sister Tanner tried bratwurst for the first time. "Way better than a hotdog. Some kind of Wisconsin thing.", Sister Tanner said.
 
Thursday was the Sisters first full day together in Prairie. They found 2 new potential investigators, which is amazing! I'd say that they are off to a great start together! They celebrated together on Friday with ice cream. YUM!
 
Saturday a new family moved into the Branch. The Sisters, along with half the branch went to help them move in! Everyone was excited to be getting a new family in the branch. Afterwards, the Sisters prepared their talks. They were asked to speak in Sacrament meeting!
 
Sunday was a very special day for Sister Tanner. Her talk in Sacrament meeting was on Relief Society. She talked about how it helped the Saints in the early days of the Church, and how it blesses us now. She said that through given and preparing for this talk, she learned so much about the Relief Society. After giving such a great talk, and attending another great Sunday at Church, Sister Tanner finished the Book of Mormon! She restarted it the day that she entered the MTC, and finished it this Sunday. Here is what she had to say about her experience reading it this time, "I have gained more out of this time reading the Book of Mormon than ever before in my life. After I turned the last page, I got on my knees and prayed to ask if it was true and I had the best experience ever. An indescribable feeling of peace, comfort, and truth came over my whole body. My eyes filled with tears because I knew that everything I read was true and everything I teach people is true. My testimony has grown more than I could ever put into words. I have grown so much in the last 3 months and I am a better person. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. I don't know where I'd be without it. It truly is the keystone to our religion, and knowing that it's true means that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I know he truly did translate the Book of Mormon by the power of God. I know that he restored the true Gospel on earth and that the Book of Mormon is the fullness of that gospel. I am grateful for Heavenly Father allowing me to receive the divine witness I did. I know that if he continues to answer my prayers and time after time gives me that witness that I am teaching truth, I KNOW he will give others that witness as well, and if they will only pray about it with a sincere heart, there is no way you can deny the overwhelming spirit that testifies of truth to your heart. I am so grateful for this experience that I had. Continue to increase your faith, pray about the Book of Mormon, read it together, continue to fight the battle against Satan that we all face everyday!"
 
 
 
Sister Tanner's testimony is so strong. It's inspiring and makes us all want to try harder to be the best we can possibly be. Please continue to keep her in your prayers, especially now that she is training.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment